• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts will not sync with Gmail contacts

Nate1974

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
All of my contacts are listed on my phone as google contacts, but when I try to sync my contacts with gmail (using Settings>Accounts & sync >Google), I get an error message regarding contacts sync that reads:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

It's been seeing this for over a week now, any ideas why it's doing it and what I can do to try and fix it?

Thanks for any advice!

All of my contacts are listed on my phone as google contacts, but when I try to sync my contacts with gmail (using Settings>Accounts & sync >Google), I get an error message regarding contacts sync that reads:

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

It's been seeing this for over a week now, any ideas why it's doing it and what I can do to try and fix it?

Thanks for any advice!

Bump! Same issue syncing contacts, I've tried deleting and resyncing but receive that error as well

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Running select Contacts Storage and Clear Data. Then try syncing.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I had previously tried clearing data from the people app with no luck, it looks like my google contacts are loading now after clearing 92mb from the Contacts Storage cache!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones