1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Contacts Will NOT Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JustROLLIN, Jul 21, 2011.

1. JustROLLIN

JustROLLIN Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 5, 2009
    Hey all,

I started getting some errors this morning and my contacts are just listed as phone numbers without any contact information. I went into my accounts & sync menu and sure enough, Google was no longer syncing. I clicked the sync now option, but I got an error that sync is currently having issues, please try again later. I tried a soft reboot and a battery pull...no luck. When the phone boots, I receive an error that says:

"The application Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped working unexpectedly, please try again."

I have no clue what happened, nor did I make any major changes (EDIT: I uninstalled Viber - Probably related to the issue!!) to the phone that account for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and only my contacts are not syncing (Google and Facebook). All of the other sync accounts are functioning correctly.

Advertisement

2. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    did you try restarting your phone? mine did that yesterday too.. but it was because of some other stuff i did, my whole account disappeared and after re-adding it, it kept giving me sync errors until i restarted the phone and then all was good again.

3. JustROLLIN

None

Dec 5, 2009
    Yep. As I mentioned I did a soft restart and a battery pull. As for the account, I cannot remove it, per the phone instructions, without doing a factory reset, which I am trying to avoid.

4. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    oh.. weird. removing the account = factory reset? damn.

5. JustROLLIN

None

Dec 5, 2009
    I thought so too...I ended up doing a reset and all is well again. Additionally, I was having that alarm clock issue on the main screen and now that works as it should as well. So, it was not all bad.

Warning: I am not 100%, but fairly sure that uninstalling the app Viber caused my issues, so be warned.