• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google contacts won't show up in the "All" screen in people

erikcave

Oct 22, 2009
I have searched and can't find anyone else asking about this.

On my Incredible I see only a handful of contacts on the main screen in the People app. The are all ones I have added manually to gmail on phone. The other 300 or so gmail contacts dont' show up on this "All" screen. They do show up if I select the search people icon, and they show up in the "Groups" screen. I have selected menu, view and have Google checked, and it does show the number of Google contacts I have next to it. I have tried selecting "Only contacts with phone numbers" as well, but it doesn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Some more information. The contacts I entered on my phone have synced with gmail. I can see them when I log on to gmail on my PC. I use gSyncit to sync my contacts in Outlook on my desktop with gmail. I wonder if this has something to do with it. I recently had a contact loose all info but thier e-mail in Outlook only to find it all their in gmail. I have also had some contacts refuse to sync between my phone, gmail and Outlook. Lastly, I have never gotten Facebook sync with contacts to work. The process always crashes immediately when trying. I currently do not have my facebook account set up with Facebook for HTC Sense.

I had this happen to me once, delete the gmail account on the phone, and add it back on, i was trying to get my facebook contacts sync'd and messed it all up, i think that is how i fixed it.

Thanks for the advice, that might just work, but my phone won't let me delete the gmail account. It says it is required by some applications and can only be deleted by doing a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones