• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Contacts

:eek:In my contacts, I have several phone numbers which are replicated in several different profiles. e.g. Phone number 555-555-1515 is my 'work' number, my partners work number, my boss' work number, etc. I as well have 'work' listed as a contact with that number as the main number. When I receive a call from that number, it's hit or miss as to what shows up in the caller ID. Could be Work, could be my boss, etc. It seems to show who ever was the last person listed in my call list. My boss should never show in my caller ID as calling from that number, it should always be 'Work' calling.

Any ideas? :eek:

None of your contacts have the same number of another contact? You must not know many people!! Ease away from the keyboard my friend, you'll be okay!! :cool:

you mean, all those people make outgoing calls utilizing the same #, right? i imagine if you wanted to call your boss, you'd dial one #, your co-worker, you'd dial a different one, right?

if all outgoing (incoming to your mobile) are all from the same #, then, no; i don't see a work-around. just make it say "work" and then ask "who is this?"

Upvote 0
if all outgoing (incoming to your mobile) are all from the same #, then, no; i don't see a work-around. just make it say "work" and then ask "who is this?"

You got it Coop! I have it that way, because I have a 'Work' contact with that number as the main number.

Problem is that when someone calls me from the 'work' number, one time it comes up as 'work', the next it might come up as 'boss work', next time 'co-worker work', etc. I just assumed that it would always come up and show the 'work' contact.

I guess I'll have to remove it from each of the contacts. When someone sends a vcard or similar, it usually has a work number, home, etc., so this is where the duplicate numbers come from. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones