1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Currents 1.1.0 - Storage

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Bradden, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member

Hi

I updated my currents app to 1.1.0 yesterday and found it has now switched from using my SD card to store on to using internal memory.

It's taking up over 50mb of memory now.. and even if I move the app to SD I can' seem to stop it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Android Enthusiast

Greetings Bradden,

This might be a stupid question, but have you check the options in the program to see if it allows you to choose where to save things.

I'm not familiar with the app, so I have no idea how it works.

just a thought.

3. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

The change in storage location to internal speeds up performance for those with slow SD cards.
    There is no option to change the storage location.

4. leifrask

leifrask Lurker

This looked like a magnificent app. Then, it started chewing up internal storage until the tablet was useless. I had used the Android app settings to move it to SD card, but it happily ignored this and stored on internal storage anyway.

A simple decision to speed things up has turned a brilliant app into one that was totally unusable and had to be uninstalled. I'll reinstall when they provide an option to store to SD card again.

What a waste.

5. sphinx186

sphinx186 Newbie

Would it help to Clear Data? (Settings/Manage Applications/Currents)?

I've just downloaded the new version and have found it's using about 1 MB of space every update or so. Also has anyone noticed it's draining battery power?