1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Currents taking up huge space on Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ajura, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ajura

ajura Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Hi all,

I am running Google Currents on my Galaxy Nexus and it is taking up huge USB storage space.

At first I subscribed to about 14 or 15 sources/feeds and after syncing I checked under setting/app, and Google Currents took up a whopping 350+ MB in USB storage space.

Then I reduced the # of feeds to just seven, uninstalled/reinstalled again and it is now taking up a much more moderate ~69MB. But this is just for less than 1 page worth of feeds and also with only the default stories under "trending." Even at this rate if I add everything i want to read it would take a ton of storage.

I made sure I didn't check "sync for offline reading too," but it didn't seem to help much with space saving. I really like Google Currents but it is difficult to justify any app taking up such big space by itself.

Is this behavior normal on your devices with Google Currents?
    Any input is greatly appreciated; thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    UK
    I've noticed the same issue on my phone with version 1.0.1

170mb of files on my SD card. The phone reports total data 22.21 under applications so it doesn't even know it's there.. confirmed as the data remails even if I clear the application data. It seems crazy for a new aggregator to need this much storage.

3. bk11222

bk11222 Member

Feb 22, 2012
    los angeles
    i went into kies air and saw that currents downloaded hundreds of photos onto my phone. anyone else having this issue?