1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google doesn't sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amado3, Mar 18, 2016.

1. amado3

amado3 Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2012
    Minnesota
    Had the S7 for a week now and just can't get gmail to push messages or calendar to update or anything else without doing it manually. So even if I delete a message in my gmail app, I have to refresh again to sync it and get the message to be deleted on my computer for instance.

I think I've went through every setting on this phone multiple times. It happens on home wi-fi, work wi-fi or mobile data. I finally tried the factory reset last night. Nothing is working.

I know I can't uninstall the gmail app, but I did roll back to the prior version (5.5?) by backing out updates and that didn't help either.

Coming from an S3 and transferred everything via smartswitch, not sure if that could be the cause, but everything worked fine before.

I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

I'm on T-mobile.

Advertisement

2. amado3

amado3 Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2012
    Minnesota
    I guess I'm an idiot, it looks like it was because I have power save mode on. The S3 didn't work like that, push messages still came through.

I'm not completely convinced this is the whole issue though since I wouldn't think that power save would affect whether Facebook would connect or not and that also seems to be fixed now.

3. dirtdevilstp

dirtdevilstp Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2011
    did you happen to notice if the syncing was with any other apps? facebook, etc?

4. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    Power save has to be off for syncing to work under Marshmallow. It says so in the power saving screen.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.