1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google doesn't sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amado3, Mar 18, 2016.

1. amado3

amado3 Newbie

Had the S7 for a week now and just can't get gmail to push messages or calendar to update or anything else without doing it manually. So even if I delete a message in my gmail app, I have to refresh again to sync it and get the message to be deleted on my computer for instance.

I think I've went through every setting on this phone multiple times. It happens on home wi-fi, work wi-fi or mobile data. I finally tried the factory reset last night. Nothing is working.

I know I can't uninstall the gmail app, but I did roll back to the prior version (5.5?) by backing out updates and that didn't help either.

Coming from an S3 and transferred everything via smartswitch, not sure if that could be the cause, but everything worked fine before.

I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

I'm on T-mobile.

2. amado3

amado3 Newbie

I guess I'm an idiot, it looks like it was because I have power save mode on. The S3 didn't work like that, push messages still came through.

I'm not completely convinced this is the whole issue though since I wouldn't think that power save would affect whether Facebook would connect or not and that also seems to be fixed now.

3. dirtdevilstp

dirtdevilstp Lurker

did you happen to notice if the syncing was with any other apps? facebook, etc?

4. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Power save has to be off for syncing to work under Marshmallow. It says so in the power saving screen.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews