1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Drive vs. Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Roze, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    I found this comprehensive comparison between all of the cloud based storage companies on the net. I never realized that there were so many, and I have always been curious as to what the difference between them all were.

I am just quoting the main cloud storage that most of us use. You can check out the Verge for the others: Google Drive vs. Dropbox, SkyDrive, SugarSync, and others: a cloud sync storage face-off | The Verge

Advertisement

2. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Very useful comparison. Thanks!

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    I have had Dropbox for almost two years and like it though there are some shortcoming with them that have been implemented over the years. Only thing that would make Dropbox complete is that it allows syncing folders anywhere on the computer. I've signed up for SugarSync as they have this feature.

I have read both Dropbox and SugarSync TOS and they are adequate to what I expect. They make it plain that neither Dropbox nor SugarSync owns or will do anything wrt any items you've uploaded to their cloud storage, i.e. server. I'm hesitant with Google as it does say you own your items but you consent that Google is given a license to everything store and they can do as they wish with it. I refrain from using Picassa and G+ due to the wording of Google's vague TOS.

Google TOS