1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Drive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smitty543, Apr 4, 2016.

1. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Sorry to post here, but I cannot find another place to post.

I would like to make a total copy [clone] of my M8's internal memory on Google Drive. How do I easily accomplish this??? Phone is not rooted, and I want to create the equivalent of a nandroid copy so that I can wipe (do a factory reset) and then have a ready source to enable rebuilding the phone to where is was before the factory reset - including data.

All help appreciated!

Advertisement

2. saltire

saltire Android Expert
    None

Not easily, I would guess. Do you just mean internal storage, or the system, data, (cache) partitions?Unless you're on Verizon, any reason why you don't want to unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, do a full nandroid backup, copy the backup folder to G Drive, re-lock bootloader if you want to. No need to root it to do this.

smitty543 likes this.
  3. smitty543

None

Jan 16, 2011
    Thanx Saltire, I am on Sprint. Yes I want to do a full nandroid backup (2 phones ago was rooted). How do I
    Thanx again for the assist!

4. saltire

saltire Android Expert
    None

There is some prep involved, not in the least a bit of pain since the bootloader unlock will wipe the phone (unfortunate but there it is). So you will need to copy everything you want to keep from internal storage onto a PC or something first. Once done though you'll have a clean fall back to restore. Can point you in the right direction, but be tomorrow. Actually most of the steps are already covered in the M8 root sub-forum (I have an M8 myself).

smitty543 likes this.
  5. smitty543

None

Jan 16, 2011
    PS: I have a MAC- not PC. Does that make a difference in copying?

6. saltire

saltire Android Expert
    None

No, just need something to copy over to. It might change some stuff but nothing major.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.
Tags: