• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Earth Application forthcoming?

I doubt it will run smoothly on anything but the Nexus's Snapdragon. Maybe the 550MHz ARM A9 on the Moto Droid, but good luck running something that graphics intensive on the Hero/Desire/Magic/Dream etc

I don't know about that... Even the old iPhone 3G ran it decently enough:

YouTube - Google Earth on Apple iPhone 3G app review

I'm sure it will run better on Droid and probably best on Snapdragon phones, but the older Android phones should still be able to use it well I'd assume.

Upvote 0
I doubt it will run smoothly on anything but the Nexus's Snapdragon. Maybe the 550MHz ARM A9 on the Moto Droid, but good luck running something that graphics intensive on the Hero/Desire/Magic/Dream etc

If it will run on a Droid then I am sure the 22mhz difference between the HTC Magic and Droid will be ok to run it... the question is.. do you really need to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones