1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google edition camera app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by killajoe, Jun 27, 2013.

1. killajoe

killajoe Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ferretflip

ferretflip Member

Woah me likey :D just have to grit my teeth over the two camera icons and two galleries, but that's really stupid to get upset about.. nice find!

3. genovdot

genovdot Android Expert

Great find. And the old gallery has 3d in the name. That's how you tell the difference.

4. itzpacmann

itzpacmann Well-Known Member

dloaded it n didnt really see any benefits ti this cam other tham options layout which wete a pain in the ass

5. Slickinator

Slickinator Android Enthusiast

I think you can delete the original gallery and camera and replace them with the google edition one, I'n not completely sure though

6. ferretflip

ferretflip Member

Since I'm using cm10, I thought I'd give this new camera another whirl. It may only be happening to me, but I noticed that when you install it as a regular app, when in landscape mode, the image becomes pixelated or dithered even when all the settings are maxed out. To fix this: I went in the system/app and uninstalled gallery2.apk and dragged the new edition camera .apk in there and changed the permissions (rw-r-r-) and BAM! No more double icons, no pixelated images, and video mode works!

7. oG Admire

oG Admire Well-Known Member

Where would the Google edition camera be located since its not in the system apps?

8. ferretflip

ferretflip Member

I just took the apk from the downloads folder and dropped it into /system/app without installing it first. You don't need to install it once it gets into the system folder... If that's not what you're asking about, I believe most apps get installed in the /data/app folder.

9. oG Admire

oG Admire Well-Known Member

I did that and it still shows up as two icons :(

10. genovdot

genovdot Android Expert

Delete the old camera and gallery app ^_^

11. AGLtech

AGLtech Android Enthusiast

works great, thanks

12. BamatechJon

BamatechJon Newbie

downloaded clicked on apk to install says problem parsing , any ideas

13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Did you try redownloading

14. BamatechJon

BamatechJon Newbie

yes same thing , also tried going to pc and copying to phone also tried multiple download sites all the same geuss i just cant use it

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews