• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Edition camera, live wallpaper, and boot animation!

goshjosh

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2011
the downloads are available here Download: Boot Animation, SunBeam Live Wallpaper, And Updated Camera From Google Play Edition Devices [Root Only]

Gonna be testing them out and will update with what I find :)

Update 1: Camera has so far been fully functional except for 3D and no editing features in gallery

Update 2: Boot animation and live wallpaper look awesome! Although the "google" in the boot animation looks a bit big, it still looks good.

Just follow the instructions the website gives you and you should be good to go!!

Reactions: Enazsem
Upvote 0
I'm going to play around with the camera sphere tomorrow and I'll post it if I can, so far not to bad. Just sucks you can't edit photos. I usually crop my photos and it won't let me do that.

Whoa. I never noticed that the editing features don't work D:

I guess if you don't mind working around it, using a 3rd party app is a good way to go.

I personally think this camera takes pictures a lot faster than the previous one. Or maybe it's just an illusion.

Upvote 0
Thanks mob, I got "youdug's" variations in the link I posted above working. If anyone else is interested; remove (or rename) the "Sprint_bootanimation.zip" in customize/resource, then flash the zip in recovery. He made a couple cool variations so be sure to thank him. Also, there is a second small step to follow if your on sense. The directions are in his second post.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones