1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Google error message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by myjackson, Sep 27, 2011.

1. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi, I bought a used HTC Incredible recently that is rooted to gingerbread (I have no idea how to use this stuff). Anyway, I keep getting a com.google.process.gapps has closed unexpectedly message. And I have noticed that my gmail, calendar, and some other things aren't syncing properly. And that error message even comes up when I'm sometimes just messaging in Handscent. Help??

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    I'm not sure why this got moved to rooting. I am told its not a rooting issue, but more of a sync issue. I was looking online and rooted and unrooted phones have had this problem, but nobody can seem to find a fix.

3. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi, I bought a used HTC Incredible recently that is rooted to gingerbread (I have no idea how to use this stuff). Anyway, I keep getting a com.google.process.gapps has closed unexpectedly message. And I have noticed that my gmail, calendar, and some other things aren't syncing properly. And that error message even comes up when I'm sometimes just messaging in Handscent. Help?? I read online that rooted and unrooted phones both have had this problem, but nobody can find a fix.

Thanks.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You are going to need to boot into recovery and wipe your data and cache. Also what does it say in your "about phone" section under the software information?

The thread was moved to the root section, because solutions for rooted phones are different than stock phones.

5. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    Oh dear. I have no idea how to do that. I was told I could use the phone as stock. I have not yet done anything differently than I did on my stock incredible. I have had this one about 4 days. :(

6. sdrawkcab25

None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    We'll keep it simple for now then... Go into your manage applications screen, find the market app and clear the data.
    See if that fixes your problem.

You can also try performing a factory reset from within the phone. If that fails to solve your problem, there are some more advanced solutions to try.

myjackson likes this.
  7. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    I couldn't find my gmail app listed in my SD card or downloaded (weird). I know I put apps on from my backup pro when i switched. I redownloaded the gmail app. Seems to be working a little better. Just not sure what all notifications I'm not getting. I am considering selling this rooted phone and going back to a stock one. suggestions? I feel like I have lost control of this one.

8. sdrawkcab25

None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    It should be under the "all" section. I'd try a factory reset.

Can you post what it says under "software information" in the "about phone" section? Curious as to what gingerbread rom you are running.

9. myjackson

myjackson Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    It was under the all. I could not find a way to uninstall, so I just went to market and downloaded gmail. It seems to be working ok now. I have gotten the last 3 emails. I don't know if maybe there was some sort of disconnect since it was from mybackuppro and not the market or what. :/

Software:
    Android version: 2.3.4
    Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28
    Kernal version: 2.6.35.13-g55a06e5
    htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
    Thu Aug 18 16:33:55 CST 2011

I don't know what all you were looking for. Sorry :/ I'm a master at my basic droid. Thanks for the help and any info.

10. sdrawkcab25

None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Installing apps from a backup can be glitchy.

Wanted to know the software information just to make sure you weren't running a custom rom.

11. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more

^^ this I've experienced some REALLY weird issues trying to restore backed-up apps between Froyo 2.2 and GB. Although GB isn't very visually different, under the hood it is.

If you did a "restore all" from back-up pro I'd almost bet the borked a bunch of stuff.