1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Experience lanucher

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by D34DBre4kr, Dec 4, 2013.

1. D34DBre4kr

D34DBre4kr Android Enthusiast

GEL wont work on my sequent I installed everything right then when i open it it says "Google Search has unexpectedly closed"

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D34DBre4kr

Oh and when trying to use hangouts for my sms is always gives me two of EVERY message! please help

3. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Did you install GEL in /system/app ? If so it is likely looking for a library located in the apk but can't find it. You would need to extract the lib*.so file from the apk and put it in /system/lib.

If you are unsure of what i am talking about or how to do this, I can make a flashable zip for you. I would need a link to where you got the apk.

4. D34DBre4kr

I would love you to do that and it doesn't matter just use any Google.home apk

5. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Well, I grabbed an apk from Android Police and there are no libs included with the apk. Without digging further, the simple thing I thought would work will not. If you really want this launcher, grab a logcat while the launcher crashes and I will have a look. Alternatively, I noticed there are several Kit Kat launchers available on the Play store.

6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

it might be the same error the one SV has, The stock rom is missing a layout element that the launcher needs to run. :) Good suggestion SuperR a logcat is much needed in this sort of situation, without that its like running through a cornfield at night.

SuperR likes this.
  7. D34DBre4kr

How do I get the logcat

8. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Download alogcat.apk from playstore

9. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Connect phone to pc via usb cable and make sure usb debugging is enabled. Open up a terminal on your pc, cd to your adb directory, enter the following:
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell logcat > /sdcard/GEL_logcat.txt
    post link to GEL_logcat.txt from your sdcard here. Or you could use pastebin to paste the contents.

edit: it might be slighltly different in windows. maybe "adb.exe shell logcat" instead?

10. D34DBre4kr

No superr that didnt work ill just download the app real quick

11. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Do you have adb installed on your pc and usb debugging enabled on your device? It won't work if you don't.

12. D34DBre4kr

Hey Superr i tried that and have adb and sdk installed and it still wont work

13. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Sadly I am not going to be much help with windows adb troubleshooting. You could grab my warp2 cwm & root flasher and use the linux terminal to accomplish what you need, or maybe someone else could chime in on windows support.

14. D34DBre4kr

I hate to ask you but could maybe you make the flashable? and dev it for me?

15. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

There is no flashable to be made since I don't know why it doesn't work yet. The adb command I provided will possibly shed some light on it and only then can we consider making a flashable.

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews