• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google/Gmail (Droid X) Issues

BoogieNYC

Apr 22, 2010
NYC
Doubt this is Droid X-specific, but three relatively serious issues with the GMail app on the X:

1) No read receipt capability for sent mail;

2) No Mark All Read (have to read each email individually);

3) Delays in getting mail (sometimes half-hour, sometimes two hours).

Am I wrong and are any of these complaints invalid? I kept looking around for the read receipt option and still haven't found it; the "Mark All Read" was a lifesaver for me when I'd wake up and have 12 quasi-spam emails from a variety of different online merchants, including Amazon, and not want to go through each and every one of them. So a nice "Mark All As Read" button would really be helpful. Should I be using batch/labels?

Finally, the delay in getting mail -- is it accurate that we can only auto-check mail every 15 minutes? Seriously? WTF?

Aside from the lockdown on the kernel, I'm enjoying the phone. Not too many weird things to navigate (although still trying to figure out how to banish Facebook contacts from my business/client list). But overall, if the device can't do basic email functions that Blackberry's been doing for years I'm not sure how long I'll be sticking around. The goodies/toys are nice, but the business end of it is my first priority.

If the GMail app doesn't feature these things, any other apps that are solid, stable and work as well as K-9 but are Google/Gmail compatible?

Thanks in advance for any help...I'll be very happy to be proven wrong ;-)

-B-

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones