1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Google going to offer all apps for free for first 30 days?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by LionMan, Oct 3, 2008.

1. LionMan

LionMan Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Has anyone else heard about this? I can't seem to find information anywhere. If this happens will the developers still be compensated for their apps?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Chase-HFD

Chase-HFD Active Member

Sep 25, 2008
    30 days? I thought it was going to be the first 3 months. Unless I remember wrong.

3. LionMan

LionMan Member

Oct 3, 2008
    wow, 3 months? how much is google willing to spend on re-paying developers?

4. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    From my read of things, there's two different time windows here:

90 days -- They wont have a payment mechanism at first, so only completely free apps will probably be on the store for the first 90 days.

30 days -- The store will have a 30 day "try before you buy" option. I assume that means that once the first 90 days have elapsed, and you can start to _buy_ non-free apps, you'll first be able to try them risk free for 30 days (like an initial demo mode or something).

That doesn't mean "for X days you can download EVERY APP and keep it for forever". It's just two different time windows.

5. LionMan

LionMan Member

Oct 3, 2008
    oh ok so when will developers be able to earn money from their apps? is it after the first 90 days?

6. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I'm not sure if anyone knows at the moment. I do know that handango wants to launch their own site, with their own apps for sale at the time of the G1 launch. Since it's all open, that's not a problem.