• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Google+ & Google Reader App Menu Bars?

Is there a quick and easy way to create app menu bars like the ones at the top of the Google+ and Google Reader apps??? Basically, I'm speaking of the bar at the very top that contains the app title/logo and a few buttons to the right.

20110830_013446.jpg
20110830_013504.jpg

Is there a standard way of doing this like when editing the Action Bar in Honeycomb, or is this simply a RelativeLayout???

Sorry to revive this old post, but I'm having some trouble...

I've created a menu that is very similar to the screen shots above. However, I can't quite figure out how to make the buttons always stay flush to the right and logo / app name field auto fill the remaining screen space (ie after a screen rotation).

I'm sure the solution has something to do with the the layout_width attribute but I can't figure out how exactly. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

UPDATE:

Solved...I had to switch from a RelativeLayout to a LinearLayout and add android:layout_weight="1" to the field that I wanted to auto expand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones