• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Hangouts green video call problem on Note 4

I read that Google discontinued the colored video call filters in Google Hangouts months ago.

However, when using the latest version of Hangouts (v8.01) for a video call if I use the rear (primary) camera on the phone the video is green in color and looks horrible.

The front camera works fine.

I did some searching in forums and on Google and do not see any real discussion on green video call problems with Android Hangouts since 2014.

Anyone else with a Note 4 and the latest version of Hangouts having the same issue? Hangouts has done this for the last several versions for me. I have already tried uninstalling the app, clearing cache, clearing data, and re-updating it. I also did a factory reset a few months ago, so my OS is pretty fresh.

Verizon Galaxy Note 4 - Android 5.1.1

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones