1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Images no longer working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by J S Machine, May 8, 2012.

1. lolafiona

lolafiona Lurker

2. lolafiona

lolafiona Lurker

being cell illiterate a factory reset isn't something i would try.
    i have straighttalk. i had noticed that whenever i googled (using stock browser, i hate chrome) at the bottom of the page was a message about i was getting a modified view as my service was slow. i thought it was odd as i have wifi at home.
    i paid my bill when it was due at approximately 6:30 am. i received a text at 12:30 the same day from straighttalk. it basically said i had gone over the data allowed for the month and were "throttling" me. of course that wasn't the term they used.
    i thought the "google" issue was related to that.

with so many different phones and carriers? must be a glitch with google.

3. Peewee Pete

Peewee Pete Lurker

All was working fine on the Google App by viewing the image in browser & then tapping on the image to save but this stopped working for me about a week ago.

HOWEVER by opening Google.com in the Chrome app simply tap on the image & it gives you various options (incl Save Image) - see screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. I had the same problem, but I was able to solve it, just by logging in into my google Account.
    Thanks everything works fine

5. I meant then

6. jsnortin

jsnortin Lurker

I noticed if I click on the thumbnail and enlarge the picture I can't get any options. But if I hold my finger on the thumbnail all options appear and I can save the picture. Also it saves full size.

7. Donovan Smith

Donovan Smith Lurker

Pat, I would like to solve the puzzle... (Wheel of Fortune :D)

You cannot save pics from a google now search, even if you go to images and hold your finger on the image it will do nothing. You must (unfortunately) re-search within google chrome to have the finger hold = options ability.

Google needs to fix this, very annoying since I only search with voice these days as they have so successfully taught me to do..

scary alien likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Donov*n (would you like to buy an "a"? ;) :p :D).

I've seen the same behavior that you describe when copying a link from a Google image search (images.google.com), too, although sometimes the text that you copy from the Copy Image Address option is actually the base64 code for the image itself (so it's kind of the image :)).

If you click on an image and it brings-up the dark-background preview area, you can indeed copy the actual address from the Copy Image Address option without having to actually visit the site (at least for most images anyway).

Anyway, thanks for the reply and for joining us here at AF :).

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews