• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google is making nightlies!! well almost. 4.4.3 is out!!(rumor sorry)

I don't think that there will be to many more updates to KatKat.
It is just about as good as it will get. If anything the switch from Dalvik to Art is what they are after.

Now if there is any rumors to be said;
Android OS 5.0 Lemon ? should be announced in the summer of 2014. :p

I don't even remotely think its as good as it can get....its riddled with Bugs! There are ton of people complaining about a lot of different issues ranging from sound and audio, call quality, bugs with the SMS/MMS software, random wallpaper changes, all sorts of static on video and problems with staying focused during a video...To me that's not as good as it can get.

IMO Google needs to address all these problems and address them fast because its just not cool to sit back and not say anything.

Upvote 0
I don't even remotely think its as good as it can get....its riddled with Bugs! There are ton of people complaining about a lot of different issues ranging from sound and audio, call quality, bugs with the SMS/MMS software, random wallpaper changes, all sorts of static on video and problems with staying focused during a video...To me that's not as good as it can get.

IMO Google needs to address all these problems and address them fast because its just not cool to sit back and not say anything.

The bugs that you speak of are app related. The devs for these apps need to change there code to play nice with KK.

Upvote 0
The bugs that you speak of are app related. The devs for these apps need to change there code to play nice with KK.

The audio issues are app related? The ridiculous sms/mms bugs are app related? No I disagree that these are app related. Google needs to address these issues and come out and say what's going on. Listen I like kit Kat and all that and am a fan of Google and android, but these issues need to be addressed.

Upvote 0
But is the audio issues some people are having related to OS or hardware? Isn't that why the newer N5s have the larger speaker holes and change of physical internals? Are people with non N5s with kitkat having audio issues?
Lucky for me my N5 has no audio issues. Plenty loud for me.

SMS is obviously related to apps and not OS unless it's some other SMS issue you are having. Most seen to be complaining about hangout. I still use Google voice for sms. I'm not even sure what people don't like with regards to that.

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones