• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google keeps refreshing on android samsung s2

I am actually having an identical problem on the galaxy s3. In my browser, when I go to Google.com, The webpage will keep reloading as if I am constantly pressing the refresh button. This only started to occur yesterday and I thought it would go away itself but now it means I can't use Google on my android device (have to use yahoo :-(

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem and came to search for help.

I have a samsung galaxy nexus and the stock browser keeps refreshing when it loads the homepage (google.com)
It's not possible to type anything in the search bar because it just keeps refreshing, unless you tell it to stop loading.

After loading another site (either followed a google result link or wrote another address) the browser closes with no error messages.

Yesterday the whole device froze as well as I tried to unlock it. The power and sound buttons worked still, so I tried to shut it down, but the touch screen didn't respond, so I had to take the battery off.

I'm having a ton of problems,as opposed to none, since the 4.2.1 update it got.

And since I'm at it, the calendar isn't updating the newly added contact events (birthdays,anniversaries, etc...) They're syncing right away with the google account, but not with the phone calendar.

Upvote 0
I have a galaxy Note 2, Verizon. I have the same issue on any browser I use. Here is the issue.

If I open the INTERNET browser app from jelly bean and go to google.com for the first time three is not an issue. If I then go to any page or just do a search and then either go back to google.com or close the browser and then go back or open another page and go to google.com the issue begins. the google.com page continuously refreshes with no time to enter criteria.

Once this happens I can go through the application manager to ALL and then to the INTERNET app and open those settings then delete DATA and then open the browser and go to google.com the issues seems to have been solved. I go to another site or do another search and it starts over again.

Another note on the INTERNET app, if I could time my tap correctly and click on the classic view as opposed to the mobile the page will then be in classic view and not refresh but that view is counterproductive to use as the display is too small.

I then decided to install another browser and used Dolphin browser and at first the issue was gone. I did not use INTERNET app which came with the OS while testing Dolphin. After a use or two the issue started with Dolphin too. With Dolphin, if i go to yahoo.com and link to anything then go to google.com the continuous repeating refresh of the site stops. If I do a Google search and return to google.com the issue returns.

This is sort of unproductive for Google if you ask me, it forces users of their operating system, android jelly bean, to use another search engine. It is impossible to actually enter any criteria into page to perform a search before it refreshes.

I hope there is a solution for this because I like to use google search but I will use Bing if necessary.

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue with droid razr with ice cream sandwich os. I have to repeatedly clear all data in order to prevent it from reloading. I've also run anti-malware and antivirus software to no avail. Other suggestions were to disable extensions, but I don't know where to look for those. I have been told to do a factory reset, but it seems like it's not going to solve it as everyone else here is recently having the same issue. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones