1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google keep's reminder notification problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amit326, Jul 28, 2017.

1. amit326

amit326 Lurker

Hey Guys,

I've been facing this issue for a long time now and would highly appriciate any advise here ...

I have a nexus 5x.
    I am using google keep's reminders but sadly I get a very short (one second) notification on the screen if the screen is on
    or a notification short sound (shorter then usual notification sounds) when the screen is off.
    There is no notification lasting on top of the screen that I can scroll and see like in the past.
    It seems like something is blocking it,

I gave Google keep permissions to my contact, storage and everything that is possible.
    I've enabled the locked screen notification on google keep's settings
    I've also reinstalled google keep and it didn't help ..
    I've downloaded many reminder apps like any.do and evernote but they face the same issue as I've mentioned above.

The only way I can get a reminder is if I put a reminder in google calander's built in app
    But I don't want to use it :)

Would appreciate any help on your part.
    Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi @amit326, and welcome to AF :)

Do you have an Android Wear watch by any chance? I remember some issues not long ago where AW would dismiss a reminder's notification shortly after it was received.

3. amit326

amit326 Lurker

Thank you for your response,
    No I don't have
    Only Nexus 5X

4. codesplice

You don't use any task killer / battery extender / memory management apps, do you?

5. amit326

amit326 Lurker

I use
    CM Security Master
    Clean Master

6. codesplice

Try disabling (or better yet, uninstalling) both to see if it helps.

With very few exceptions, apps like those actually cause more harm than good since they interfere with how Android is designed to operate. Android can manage its memory just fine without some random app "helping".

(Also, Cheetah Mobile is perhaps one of the most-hated publishers - with good reason.)

Nexus 5X Forum

The Nexus 5X release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 12MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews