1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google "Listening" with automatic volume change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bridges87, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Bridges87

Bridges87 Lurker

Hey guys,

I have an S7. Model SM-G932W8. Android Version 8.0

This issue just started the last few days. I'm listening to a podcast through my earbuds, and I start to hear crackling sounds, and the google "listening" screen comes up and automatically changes the volume.

I checked under settings/Google/Search, Assistant & Voice but didn't see any option to disable. I'm not even 100% sure this is causing the issue.

It doesn't seem to happen when I'm using headphones without a mic.

Any ideas what's going on?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!i

It sounds like it might be a bluetooth issue, where your earbuds and phone might be having issues talking with each other. it temporarily disconnects and then reconnects giving you the google listen popup with the volume turned down.....thats my guess.

not sure on how to fix that. maybe the obvious....reboot? or a factory reset?

Bridges87 likes this.
  3. Bridges87

Bridges87 Lurker

Hey ocnbrze,

Thanks for the welcome and reply.

The earphones are actually wired. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I wonder if they're defective?

I pulled out another pair of wired earbuds w/mic and I have been using them without an issue thus far. As I mentioned, the wired headphones with no mic were also working fine.
    If this other pair of wired earbuds w/mic are fine, I'm going to flip back to the old earbuds with mic and see if the issue starts up again.

If it does, this would confirm the problem is with the earbuds themselves.

Cheers,
    JB

#3 Bridges87, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that's what if l it sounds like. Especially if another pair works.

Bridges87 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.