• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GOOGLE + LOCATION

agpthng

Mar 24, 2016
I went into my Google Pixel XL yesterday to look up the location of my husband and found out that I guess Google Location is being phased out and is now Trusted Contacts. I update and shared my location with my son and husband but I can't figure out how to see where they are on the map, like I used to and maybe I can't do that anymore either. Anyone else using the Location function and now how to use the Trusted Contacts?

TYIA

Google removed the location sharing feature from G+, and are bringing it to Google Maps instead.
Sounds like they may have messed up the timing on it though.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...sharing-google-enabling-everyone-google-maps/
Yes I read that article when I was trying to set it up and I can't seem to get anywhere. It says I'm sharing with my son but nothing comes up on the map. So maybe like the article says it's in the process of updating the change between the old way and the new way. I don't know why when things are working, it can't be left alone!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones