• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Map Update, Pinch Zoom, No Night Mode

Here's the full quote:

The Droid supposedly doesn't have the necessary horsepower for touchscreen gestures, such as pinching to zoom. But, how does that explain that the European version of the Droid already has multitouch?

The writer is just questioning the statement, not reinforcing it. And now we know that the Droid more than clearly has the horsepower!

Upvote 0
nice, i got it this morning, had it already hacked, but i got it now legit! and does this mean 2.1 soon, i think, i doubt they will push is a browser update, it will come with 2.1, but i am guessing this is like a test? see how the general public reacts to this... then bam 2.1 if all goes smooth?

Upvote 0
glad theres a night mode now :)

i was wondering if theres a simpler way in which to save specific locations so that u can go back to that location at another time? right now im using the 'directions' shortcut and putting them in a folder.. it works but is there another way .. you have to insert the whole address for it to work ;\

i also noticed that there are layers in google maps that say 'my maps' (which is empty) and 'my favorites' ... what are these ?

Upvote 0
Try Google Maps Address Book from the market.

hmm.. ah, exactly what i was looking for :) finally i can just push a button to save my location instead of inserting a full address. thank you!

im still wondering what the 'my maps' and 'my favorites' layers do in google maps? 'my maps' is empty and 'my favorites' is filled with a bunch of locations ill never go to...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones