1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Google Map using Battery Life, even though it has not been used. (Since 4.1.0 update)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by VandalDuck, Mar 24, 2010.

1. VandalDuck

VandalDuck Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Since the last update to 4.1.0, I have noticed that Google Maps is using battery life, even though I have not used the Maps application.

Background, I am stock Motorola Droid on 2.0.1, not rooted. I updated to version 4.1.0 of the Maps app when it came out in the marketplace. Now, when I am completed with a charge, if I look at Settings/About Phone/Battery Use, the maps app appears in the list of things using battery life. In fact, 9 seconds after unplugging, it had used 9% battery power. At this point, I am 9m 23s since unplugged and the maps app has used 13% of battery life, but when I select the app, the use details say 0seconds.

Does anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

VandalDuck

Advertisement

2. smanzor88

smanzor88 New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    yea i noticed it also. for now i just uninstalled the updates. its a wasting my battery

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Not here. I haven't used it recently and it's not even listed on the Battery Use screen.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    +1
    Im on a Eris 2.1

5. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    New Mexico
    The first day I updated maps I used it for about 10 minutes, exited out of it as I normally do and then went to bed an hour later with plenty of battery left and awoke to find my phone off due to dead battery. Haven't had a problem since? Now you may say how do I know it was maps that killed it since I could not check, and you would be right. But it was the only thing I changed about my phone that day, certain it was maps. Either way no problems since?