1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google maps 2 sd

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zortan, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Zortan

Zortan Newbie

Hey

So a few days ago I finally rooted due to lack of space. After installing rooted apps such as TB and rom toolbox and not being able to move many additional apps to SD (most had been moved already) I actually had less space than before...

But that's not the main issue: I now tried moving Maps (at 2.87mb due to no updates) to sd with Link2SD (useless app it seems) but moving it gave an error, uninstalling it gave an error, making it a user app gave an error... So i made a backup with TB and uninstalled it with TB. Then reinstalled it from the market and saw it took 12mb. Tried moving it again with link2sd but I kept getting the same errors (not enough system space, cannot be moved because already exists in the folder...). So then I gave up and decided to go back to the 2.87mb by restoring it with TB. Which isn't working... It's just stuck on "restoring app" and nothing happens...

Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Zortan

Zortan Newbie

Ok so I fixed it by redownloading the old app (4.4.0 at 2.83mb) which was in fact +7mb, then I moved it with Link2SD (it actually did something useful, I'm amazed). and am now back at 2.83mb. Still in need of extra space though.

Question about Rom toolbox though: the app manager says "move any app to SD), and it can't even move rom toolbox itself to SD... It just opens the "manage application" tab where the "move to sd" button is greyed out... What's up with that?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews