• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps 4.0

Did map scrolling lose 'momentum'? When I swipe on a map to slide it over, it used to 'coast' a bit after I let go of it. Now it stops immediately. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Anybody else notice this? Or is something wrong with my install?

Mine is kind of hit and miss on the coasting but if you scroll away from your location in the stock view (don't zoom in or out) then wait, it will return to your location again automatically. Did I miss this before or is this something new?

Upvote 0
Might not have a thing to do with Buzz but this thread got me thinking about this article I read today.

FT.com / Media - Google prepares Facebook assault

Or you can just grab it from the Drudge Report.

Ah, yes, the Drudge report. Where we all go for quality, unbiased news.

But seriously, I'm on the fence about Buzz. I was really excited about Wave, and then it turned out to be... nothing much. I'm afraid Google is stretching itself out too thin. I reckon consumers will start getting "new product" fatigue - after a while, you just don't care about Google's NEW EXCITING THING.

But then again, everyone goes absolutely bonkers whenever facebook makes minor cosmetic changes, so I dunno.

Upvote 0
Joe -
I own two V1's, they're both sitting in the closet now. On the west coast they have these phantom guns mounted to the light poles on the interstate. They shoot X, K, and Ka at random and at varying strengths. My V1 goes off every three miles, annoys the crap out of me! :mad:

Now they sit in a box in my office.

wanna sell one? I was not aware of the veil coating. I'm so in its not even funny. Thanks for the info percodani.

Upvote 0
Joe -
I own two V1's, they're both sitting in the closet now. On the west coast they have these phantom guns mounted to the light poles on the interstate. They shoot X, K, and Ka at random and at varying strengths. My V1 goes off every three miles, annoys the crap out of me! :mad:

Now they sit in a box in my office.

hey do you think you can give one to me? i really need it :) since they are just sitting in your closet? or at least for cheap?

Upvote 0
wanna sell one? I was not aware of the veil coating. I'm so in its not even funny. Thanks for the info percodani.

It's great stuff. Just take your time applying it and search for a video guide on doing it your first time. I haven't had a ticket in almost 2 years and I drive 70 minutes each way every day on RT. 2 in MA and it is cops galore almost the whole way. I can go a solid 15-25 over the limit without worries now. You gain a good 1-3 seconds of reaction time with it so a decent radar detector will alert you in time for you to slow down before they can get any kind of reading.

Upvote 0
V1's are nice but from my experience it isn't any better then the competition, and its filtering is not that great, way to many false alarms. What I really like is the Veil coating, I have it my car and it works awesome combined with a 9500ix. Anyone who doesn't know what Veil is....it is a liquid coating that you apply to your headlights and license plate, since that is what radars and lasers bounce off of to get a speed readout. With Veil applied the distance of which they can get a accurate reading is GREATLY shortened so it gives you much more time to react to your radar detector's alarm.

Oh and damn Google, didn't you just release 3.4?

I had a V1 and a passport. Yeah they're both practically the same, I did feel like the V1 had slightly better range than the passport, but you're right it did have more false alarms. However once you get used to the arrows there's no turning back, lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones