1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Maps 5.10.0 (Navigation issue)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by This_Is_Kyle, Sep 21, 2011.

1. This_Is_Kyle

This_Is_Kyle Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 27, 2010
    Boston
    The newer update for Maps (5.10.0) has change the Navigation. Instead of the route you're following always facing "up" towards the top of the phone, it now faces in the direction you're heading (up for north, down for south, right for east, left for west). This is beyond annoying and makes it really difficult to follow. Is there anyway to change the orientation back to always facing "up"? Or can I go back to a different version of Maps to get that back?

Also, I searched the forums for this topic and didn't see anything. Sorry if there is another thread on this.

Advertisement

2. jamala00

jamala00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    hmmmmm. I just tried mine same version and my screen rotates to always show up as the direction driving. I looked and don't see any settings that would change that. But that doesn't mean I didn't overlook it...

3. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Male
    Panhandle, Florida
    Kyle,

You do have your navigation set for driving right? I had mine set for walking and the screen never rotated. Once I reset it to driving, all was back to normal.

4. fafinaf

fafinaf Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    You have no idea how much this issue has tormented me. I have been lost a few times because I am so used to the other format.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

You literally have to click on the compass. You will see the North pointing compass in the corner.. should be the left side. Tap on it and it will change the view so the perspective is always the drivers. Glad I could help you. Tell me if this works. It fixed mine.