• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps Accuracy

alextn

Lurker
Dec 16, 2011
Hi just wondering but does anyone live in a city and notice that the location app for Google doesn't work well? I used to use an iPhone and the app was extremely accurate. I don't care about load times, Ij ust wish the app would find me and give me accurate directions. Lately I've been off by over 150ft. I've used GPS Status, locked on to 9 satellites and it's still the same. Also did fast fixer too. Anyone know anyway to improve accuracy or should I be going back to Apple....

I've noticed this with a few other android phones so it's not my service or phone.

Alex

Out of curiosity OP, what phone are you using? I think the more helpful point is whether your just using the standalone GPS, or the other services to assist in locating you (as mentioned by chanchan05) as those help in both how fast and how accurately your location is fixed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones