1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Google Maps always on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CrackaG, May 5, 2010.

1. CrackaG

CrackaG Member

Mar 25, 2010
    My google maps constantly runs in the background (at least thats what the system and app manager tell me)

Am I the only one with this issue? It seems that no matter how many times I kill google maps with my process/app killer it pops back up and on seconds later?

Is there a way to permanently keep it from coming online until I want to actually use it?

Every time i look at my battery use google maps is at like 80% but I dont even use it! I feel like this is heavily affecting my battery life

Advertisement

2. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Paid geek
    NE Ahia
    Are you signed in to Latitude and sharing your location? That may be the culprit.

3. CrackaG

CrackaG Member

Mar 25, 2010
    That could be it, I turned it off to see.

It still shows it up in my Process Manager App everytime I refresh even after I kill it....damn....what gives

4. BB2DROID

BB2DROID Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Same happened to me i just powered off and back on, works fine now. Mine was so bad the phone was almost on fire when i charged it. That was yesterday all good so far.

5. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I've been having the same issue as the OP. I do not have Latitude installed, and my GPS is turned off. I use a task killer program, but this still keeps returning. Normally I wouldn't care, but this is responsible for about 20% of my battery's depletion.

6. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Has anyone been able to solve this?

7. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    USA
    Bump, started having this problem last week and it's destroying my battery life.

8. ash999

ash999 New Member

Jul 24, 2011
    BUMP Bump

Just got the LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and Maps will not stop no matter what I do. My Girlfriend has the same problem with the Droid Incredible on Verizon.

Maybe I should just root my phone and delete it, however I do like the navigation, not sure if maps is needed for that.

9. rfox54

rfox54 Active Member

May 28, 2010
    Dallas
    and DO NOT UPDATE. Titanium Backup saved me.