1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Maps and GPS Navigation Issues!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Itlooksfast, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Itlooksfast

Itlooksfast Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Ok I rooted my phone with Unrevoked3 the Unrevoked Forever. I used my GPS and Navigation to a friends house. It worked great! Then I flashed to the OTA official ROM. Didnt change any setting. My GPS is set on. Under the "LOCATION" setting..everything is checked.

Now I can go to Google Maps and then get my location and then search and stuff. I can even get direction to places. However, when I hit NAVIGATE...all I get is "SEARCHING FOR GPS..." And it would be stuck at the screen for the longest time without going into the Turn-by-turn direction. I turned off my GPS and turned it backed on again...NOTHING! I just adjust the setting...nothing. I even factory reset the phone and getting the same message when I use the navigation feature.

I also notice that the GPS location is not accurate at all...a lot worst than before. This is very annoying since I can use my turn by turn direction. I tried uninstall but the phone wouldnt let me. Since im rooted is there anything I can do?

Advertisement

2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Structural Engineer - Nuclear Industry
    Aurora, IL
    Try clearing data/cache from your maps app...if this does not help then reflash a new ROM maybe?

3. kmoore11

kmoore11 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    VA
    I am having the exact same problem... I am rooted with Virtuous 2.6. I had these problems with SR 3.1, did a factory reset, reinstalled SR 3.1 and still had the problems. I thought it was a SR thing, so I put Virtuous on, and am still having these problems.

Some people have recommended going to settings > applications > development > make sure allow mock locations is unchecked. Maybe that will work for you, but it didn't for me.