• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps App keeps minimising..

el-grosso

Lurker
Jan 15, 2010
Hey guys, just got my new HTC hero. Everything's fine, been installing apps like crazy, sorted out videos, but not for the satnav.. For some reason, when I go on Google Maps, it minimises right out of it to the home screen where my clock is.

If I hold the house button, it's still open, and if I go back to it again, it will just minimise again after a short while. I got it to stay open once, but now it's just messed up

Any fixes or alternative Sat Navs I can use? Thanks. :D

I like Sygic's Mobile Maps. The nearest thing to my old Tom Tom as far as user interface is concerned, but without the appalling customer "support".

When Sygic email you it gives you the impression that the person actually understands what he is saying rather than reading it from a manual.

There are one or two free sat nav apps about. Trouble is they appear to be worth about what what you pay for them ;). And the maps are downloaded as you drive - similar to Google maps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones