• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Maps force-closing since recent update

tried 5.7.0, still getting FC error
Exception class name
Java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Source class
com.google.android.location.os.real.SdkSpecific9

I have a sneaky suspicion this might have something to do with Velocity which is 2.2.1 reporting itself as 2.2.2 to get around the system update prompts but just a guess, I'm the first to admit I don't know for sure.

Upvote 0
Just tried to download the update of maps (5.7.0) that came out a few ago. It comes up with update of "google maps" unsuccessful. The error is Installation error - Package file is invalid. Anyone else having this problem?

Also as a side note - I downloaded this update using wi-fi, after it downloaded and tried to install wi-fi was off and 3g back on. I checked and wi-fi was supposed to be on so I had to turn it off and back on for wi-fi to start again. I should have a "good" install of velocity 1.1 as I reset to factory, then wiped cache, then wiped dalvik before installing velocity 1.1.
It has never done this before, and now only does it if a download/install from market fails with the Package file is invalid error. Any ideas? Is there a way for them to "see" or check that your phone is rooted during the install and have the program fail to install? Just wondering...

Upvote 0
I am running V1.1 with the most recent scripts, and have used Maps once, Navigation once and Places twice. No FC's at all. I will note, however, that the last time I had Velocity on my phone (v0.4) any application that used Maps - Navigation, Places, etc. - would either FC or lag to the point of causing the phone to reboot.

I will try using Maps later on, and if it gives me trouble, I will let you all know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones