• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google maps getting too big

I just had a look at mine and Move to SD card is greyed out. Is there a way to make it able to be transferred? Also, it was showing as 2.83Mb application and 2.45MB data and a total of 5.27Mb. I realised that there was an update available. When I updated it shows as 9.93Mb application, 2.54Mb data for a total of 12.47Mb. The Market shows it as 6.09Mb! I've uninstalled the updates.
My ROM, which had been showing as 38Mb prior to updating, went down to 32Mb after installation and then back up to 46Mb after I had uninstalled the update!!!

Upvote 0
Me, too. ThunderBolt. v2.2.1.

Meant to say HTC Desire 2.2 unrooted.

HTC desire. 2.2. Not rooted
In your phones, Maps is probably pre-installed (system application). On my phone, it was installed later as a user application.
I guess that is the difference.

There is a method to force applications to be moved to SD card for unrooted phones.
Those who are brave enough may check it out here: http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...ed-device-noobs-guide-updated-09-02-11-a.html

Otherwise, read about rooting and you may find it a better solution to free internal memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones