1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Google maps lack of directions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kalaster, Dec 3, 2012.

1. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2012
    So i was driving around yesterday, getting to know the new area im currently living in and thought it'd be a great opportunity to test out google maps on my new nexus 4.

while driving and listening to the directions, I've noticed a HUGE delay in directions. The area can get a little confusing at times with all the weird oddly shaped turns and round abouts, so i missed a few turns here and there and the time between missing a turn and getting new directions was around 20-25 seconds. while waiting im wondering if im ever going to get new directions.

The same issue is also apparent even when i do make the correct turn, it will tell me to make a right, i make the turn and in most cases i'm given an immediate set of directions like "in 300 feet, make a left", but no, it takes about 15-20 seconds for that. Also I had one instance where it left me hanging on directions, and at the last second, told me to make the right, right as i was in the intersection going 35 mph, no way i could stop in 2 feet safely.

anyone else have these issues?
    My signal is fine, full bars almost everywhere i go. For the record, I do have the map of the area downloaded onto my phone to save data usage and im also on straight talk through AT&T, if that info will help.

Advertisement

Tags: