1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Maps Navigation Beta

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eugenekim618, Jun 15, 2010.

1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Toronto
    Anyone use this app yet?

My phone heats up quite a bit after about 20 min of drive time, running the navigation. Any insight?

Advertisement

2. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    London, UK
    I used it on an hour and a half journey. I had it in a cradle on the dashboard and it was a very sunny day. Whilst it warmed up, I wouldn't have said that it was excessively so.

3. eugenekim618

Jun 9, 2010
    Toronto
    My X10 was out of the sun and in a well ventilated area. Normally when not in use, the phone is phone, even while plugged into a car charger. Google Nav seems to be the cause...

4. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    London, UK
    I don't think it's specifically Google Nav, but more the case that when the screen is on constantly, the phone does heat up. I know that when I've spent a while playing games on it, it's heated up. Again, it's warm but I wouldn't class it as 'hot'.

5. surf_r_dude

surf_r_dude Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada, Eh?
    Yes, the phone does get a bit warmer, but its nothing when compared to my g1, after 10 minutes it would overheat at the bottom, and it would have a burning sensation when you put your hand on it... ouchhy

6. eugenekim618

Jun 9, 2010
    Toronto
    I have to agree with all of you now. I did a few more "test runs". The phone is marginally warmer than while sitting idle with the car charger plugged in and driving for a long distance. The phone wasn't "burning" hot...but did remind me of my Bold after 1hr of phone conversation....more hot than you would want it to be...