• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google maps navigation ETA not changing colors, staying black or white

blee_1222

Lurker
Mar 28, 2023
Google Pixel 6. The latest Android 13 update . While traveling this past weekend I know it's going down the interstate that my ETA at the bottom of the navigation was either black or white depending on the color mode. I really like the green, Amber, red that it displays when there are traffic issues on the route. But currently my Google maps is not displaying any of that. It's just black or white. I'm using the traffic layer. The speed also stays white, meaning it would turn red if over the speed limit, etc. It stays the same color as well. The navigation and locations are working great. Everything else navigation wise seems pretty spot on. Does anyone know what else I'm missing or overlooking to get those colors back working again? I appreciate any help and feedback. Thank you all.

Does it still do that after you reboot your phone?
Thank you for replying. Yes. I just rebooted it. Still. I saw something on another thread about notifications. I just made sure all of those were turned on as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-135808.png
    Screenshot_20230327-135808.png
    497.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230327-135609.png
    Screenshot_20230327-135609.png
    909.9 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones