• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps Navigation Now working in Canada!!! 1.6 and up.

I noticed it by chance today. I rarely need it so had removed the hacked version so I could more easily stay up to date. After 6 hours of driving I opened maps for the last part of the drive and was surprised to see the navigation option. It worked perfectly which surprised me. The French pronunciation was funny but good enough to get me I was going. Even accurately gave directions around the big traffic circle.
:)
oh, poor 1.5 users. :eek:

Upvote 0
Is it already included in CM 5.0.7? Market does not offer me the upgrade, and I am able to see turn-by-turn directions, but I get a warning that it's still a beta version.

The ability for turn-by-turn navigation was included in the last update of google maps to 4.2 from the market. It just wasn't enabled for destinations outside of the US. It was the ability to set destinations outside the US that Google enabled for us yesterday.

If you have the latest version of Google maps already, there is nothing to download. Just go ahead and start using it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones