1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google maps navigation searching for GPS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WadeA10, Dec 23, 2011.

1. WadeA10

WadeA10 Lurker

Is anyone else having an issue with google maps navigation searching for the GPS signal even after the phone has found the GPS signal?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Yes, I get a "Data Connection Lost" message. Not pretty.

3. WadeA10

WadeA10 Lurker

I don't get a data connection lost message, it just says searching for GPS. When it has clearly found the GPS.

4. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I also get it constantly searching for the directions after I choose a destination.

Not every time, but often enough I am thinking of exchanging it.

5. CAMAN

CAMAN Member

6. acer1

acer1 Lurker

Same here, troubling to say the least. Im getting Fascinate flashbacks, but oddly my gnex still manages to navigate me. Its just that "searching for gps" warning that pops up sometimes.

7. bezerk19

bezerk19 Android Enthusiast

I've used it on several occasions for directions it works great, the only thing I've noticed is that at times it does take awhile to acquire the GPS signal, but not too long though.

8. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert

Nope GPS and navigation works flawless on mine.

9. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

First I'm hearing of the problem. Mine has been flawless. Outperforms the OG in every way. I drove 600 miles thru rural ohio flatland and kentucky and tennessee foothills. The phone never lost signal and never got warm.

I had it locked in CDMA, BTW.

10. gapi

gapi Android Expert

Yeh, with my

• Notification LED being randomly unreliable 75% of the time.
    • The GPS randomly associating itself with "Data Connection Lost" announcements while in easy range of towers 50% of the time.
    • And 4G speed-tests never getting better than 11 Mbps with full bars and very close to our towers.
    Mine is going in for an exchange.

I am however going to wait until at least 1/6/12 for any possible OTA's just in-case.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews