• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google maps navigation

mygti02

Nov 28, 2009
So i just upgraded my wife from the BB Pearl tot he behold 2, awesome phone BTW. I have a G1 since it came out. Been roots since ever since. My question is, i have been looking on the market to download the update Google maps with navigation, but it is not there. Is the this phone only running 1.5 or is it 1.6 and how can i get navigation running on this? thanks!

So i just upgraded my wife from the BB Pearl tot he behold 2, awesome phone BTW. I have a G1 since it came out. Been roots since ever since. My question is, i have been looking on the market to download the update Google maps with navigation, but it is not there. Is the this phone only running 1.5 or is it 1.6 and how can i get navigation running on this? thanks!

It's running 1.5, so no navigation as of yet. However when the 2.0 update comes out, we get the navigation.

Upvote 0
No, unfortunately all we know is that Samsung is skipping modifying 1.6 and going straight to 2.0. That should save time overall, but might mean we'll be waiting slightly longer for 2.0.

My guess, now that we've been able to get fastboot and persistent root on the phone, is that there will be a custom 2.0 available before Samsung gets their's out and TMo sets it up for OTA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones