• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps Navigation

Curious, for me (and for many others from what I've read) the 2.1 leak(dc23/dd03/dd10) reverts the phone back to the broken agps cj05 days. When not using satellite data, Google maps consistently puts me 22 miles from my home when I'm in my home, just like before the cl14 update. Depressingly, actual GPS performs just like with 1.5, probably crushing what little hope I had that new drivers would improve it's weak reception. GPS works, but will loose lock with the slightest obstruction and tenuous lock makes Sprint Nav lag. Hopefully, the release update will fix agps (again) and possibly Google navigation will utilize it to fill in for the weak gps antenna. Unfortunately, Google navigation is a huge step backward in navigation ui. All this leads me to believe that this phone will never be a dependable navigation device, falling short even of my old Mogul in that category. There's still time for the 2.1 release to change my opinion though.

Upvote 0
Curious, for me (and for many others from what I've read) the 2.1 leak(dc23/dd03/dd10) reverts the phone back to the broken agps cj05 days. When not using satellite data, Google maps consistently puts me 22 miles from my home when I'm in my home, just like before the cl14 update. Depressingly, actual GPS performs just like with 1.5, probably crushing what little hope I had that new drivers would improve it's weak reception. GPS works, but will loose lock with the slightest obstruction and tenuous lock makes Sprint Nav lag. Hopefully, the release update will fix agps (again) and possibly Google navigation will utilize it to fill in for the weak gps antenna. Unfortunately, Google navigation is a huge step backward in navigation ui. All this leads me to believe that this phone will never be a dependable navigation device, falling short even of my old Mogul in that category. There's still time for the 2.1 release to change my opinion though.

Well when I have GPS selected and just 3G with Wireless Networks off and on, Google Maps Always has me in the exact location I am.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones