1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google Maps (New version) Switching between Apps loses Journey

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by smashedrat2010, Jul 25, 2013.

1. smashedrat2010

None

Aug 8, 2010
    While writing this thread i figured out my problem but I will share it with you as this MUST of happened to a other people.

With the old maps i had Navagation icon aswell as Maps icon. i had shortcuts to both on my home screen.

Since the update, To create a new journey I press Navigation icon and create a route journey by entering start and destination details.

Now if i minimise the app from my screen to do something else when I press the Navigation icon brings up a new journey so i have to re add my post codes! Even selecting the app from my running apps (holding home button on GS3) it still takes me to a new journey screen.

I just realised that if i press the maps icon it takes me back to my current journey.

Other people are reporting the Navigation app has disappeared and it has from my phone to but its still on my homescreen, and still works from bringing up new journeys.

Anyway thats it hope this helps someone.

*NOTE Maps has been crashing an extreme amount of times hopefully this is due to me using it incorrectly!

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Maybe I didn't understand the issue, but for to go back to my current journey I'd pull down the notification bar and tap on the current navigation.

Harry

3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    If you minimize navigation then there should be an icon sitting on your notification bar. At least that's where it's always been for me.

Note: Just tested and minimized, and there's a Navigation icon sitting on the notification bar. When you tap on it, it brings up the navigation screen again.

It's always been like this, even before the update.

The Navigation icon may have disappeared, but the feature is still there in the Maps app.

4. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Yes, that's what I've meant :)

Harry

5. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    This is super annoying and happens to me. I can reproduce it every time. All I do is hit the button to get to the app switcher and switch to something else then back to nav. It then shows me the screen to pick a start and end location. If I hit the back arrow I get the maps interface but no navigation ui. However it will still be verbally giving me directions. So, so annoying.

6. hotrod4x5

hotrod4x5 Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    You are lucky it's working at all for you. Since the update Google Navigator isn't working at all for me on my GS3.

7. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Yeah I think I'm just going to uninstall and side load the 6.x apk. This version was not well thought out at all.