1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Maps Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by KarneeKarnay, Jul 8, 2013.

1. KarneeKarnay

KarneeKarnay Newbie

Recently discovered that IE handles development with google maps so since then I have been using it and phone gap to develop an app. For some reason the maps have stopped working when I run it on my tablet. Any ideas what would cause this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kodiak211

kodiak211 Member

I have developed one app using GMaps... Not a expert, and it has been awhile since I built the app... From what I remember, you had to get a debug api key to test on the emulator, but that api key would not work on a physical device... You had to go and get another api key for it to work on a physical device... This is most likely standard knowledge, and you most likely already done this... But like I said, I'm not a expert...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHAnGcnvRBI

3. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast

debug works on a device, but you gotta be signed in with the same account.

get a release key.

4. kodiak211

kodiak211 Member

Ok, like I said it has been awhile since I made my GMaps app... Can't remember if the debug api key worked on my device or not... Maybe I had it backwards, and the emulator didn't work unless you had a debug api key... Anyways, tried to help... Sorry that I couldn't!!!

5. KarneeKarnay

KarneeKarnay Newbie

Sorry I have posted here for a bit. It turns out the problem was caused by a broken build. After fixing that it started working. Unfortunately this issue has returned again. Could it be that a google api doesn't like being activated on two different devices?