1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Google maps suden problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hollywood, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Hollywood

Hollywood Member

Dec 12, 2009
    My maps have always worked perfect. I turned on the phone the other day, and it said maps will force close. Now my name has disappeared from my location. Also, in latitude it ask if I want to join, which I was already joined before. I tried to join again but nothing happens. I have not messed with the maps program what soever. Help thanks!

Advertisement

2. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Google latitude is broken on my droid right now. That said, it is broken on my pc as well, along with my wife's droid and a friend's iPhone.

I hope it is a google issue and it is resolved soon.

This morning I can see myself on latitude, but I can't get updates for anyone else. Maybe everyone I know needs to restart their maps/latitude app.

3. MyCameraIsPink

MyCameraIsPink Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I too have had trouble with my lattitude on my droid... seems a couple days now.. as you said keeps telling me to 'join' when I already have. I thought maybe it was some other 'map' add ons. but I guess thats not teh case..

4. Hollywood

Hollywood Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Looks like google would communicate with us on this problem

5. MyCameraIsPink

MyCameraIsPink Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    well I went to the latitude site on the net and there were some things I could update... location tracking and such.. I turned everything on and checked my phone, still nothing. however I just checked now, and it seems to be working. I did have to click 'join' though, and it just worked.

6. esocid

esocid Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Not worth mentioning
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Every once in a while, I'll have to click the join latitude button again, but for the most part it is working fine for me.