1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Google maps update...please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maltal77, Jul 27, 2013.

1. maltal77

maltal77 Lurker

Hi i have looked online for an answer to my question and have not found any answer and its driving me nuts. So I got the new google maps update on my phone. I've tried using it several times but here is the problem. I'm navigating to a place and i order to conserve my battery, I hit the sleep button if I know I won't be needing to see the screen for awhile. But once I hit the wake button to see the map again, the map shuts down and it goes back to the navigate to screen. Once I'm at that screen I can't go back to the map!!!! The stupid navigation will continue to give me directions but I can't see the map! I've tried every way I can think to go back to the map screen and it doesn't seem possible. Until I can fix this I have gone back to the beta google maps and have disabled the update. Can someone help fix this! If not ill have to go buy a Tom Tom.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello, maltal77. Clear cache and data on the updated Maps then uninstall it (which just rolls it back to stock Maps).

Reboot.

Then allow the update in Play Store.

3. maltal77

maltal77 Lurker

This will stop the map from disappearing? Also, it force closes on me once I try and return to the map. Will clearing the cache and rebooting fix this problem too?

4. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Also instead of using the Home key to wake the phone try the Power key on the side.

javamann likes this.
  5. maltal77

maltal77 Lurker

Sorry guys I tried both suggestions to no avail. I just reverted my maps to the beta version and stopped the automatic updates. Any other suggestions?