1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

google maps voice change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boo Boo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Boo Boo

Boo Boo Member

anyone know how to change the voice and get it to stick? before the update it was all good now she sounds like a bad uk girl and it wont go back to how it was

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast

I personally like bad UK girls :D.

Do you get the same voice when using Google Now or S Voice? If so you may need to change the default setting to English US.

3. Boo Boo

Boo Boo Member

i dont use either of those but will check them

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

If anything you could revert back to an older version of Maps and it will change the voice back to what it was because as far as i know there isn't an option to change the voice of the person in Maps.

5. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

When your phone updates to a new version of Android you usually lose the ability to go back.

My solution would be just to mute the voice--it's annoying and talks to much no matter what it sounds like. :D

(I've never have left the voice un-muted--it's totally unnecessary.

6. valorian

valorian Android Expert

Yeah, the new maps voice socks. It's the same voice used for S Voice. Very robotic sounding now. It sounded more like a natural voice before.

7. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

For Google Now, open Now and go to Settings - Voice - Language - If you select English, you will be presented with list of choices.

For Google Maps and other services - Open phones Settings - Language and Input - Text to Speech - and under "Preferred TTS Engine - select Google and click the little cog icon - you will be given list of Languages to choose from.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews