• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps won't Force Close..

Shano

Mar 19, 2010
MN
Things have been cruising along quite nicely with my Incredible here, but I've come across my first little issue, I opened Google Maps a few days ago(not the first time I've used it) and now it won't close out completely, prior to running the app I was seeing anywhere from 13-26hours between charges, now I am seeing 8-13 hours. I don't use any task killers, I monitor the cell through 'Battery Left.(which I really like), usually I can Force Close Apps from Battery Left, but its not an option with Maps, so I went into Settings/Applications/Manager Applications, then scroll and click on Maps, and I see that the Force Stop button is locked out, I read down through "Permissions" and I see under System Tools, that it says- Prevents Phone From Sleeping, retrieve running applications.

So any idea's on how to keep this Map Application from keeping my phone awake? am I stuck having to completely uninstall the the app? or would uninstalling the update maybe fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones