1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google maps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ldn-j, Aug 18, 2009.

1. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

When I try and use this the maps often don't appear even when outside, just get left with the grid. Should I do a reset ? (& bearing in mind I still can't get HTC Sync to install on my pc) or is it more likely to be related to the network ? I have both wireless and gps enabled and the latest version of google maps. Sky map seems to work fine (so uses the compass) but not google maps so can't get a map most of the time let alone streetview.

TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goshawk

Goshawk Newbie

Be sure you really have data traffic, try to navigate the web, if web works fine, google maps should be too. Get connected to WIFI don't mean internet access, check IP, gateway and DNS.

3. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

I don't use mobile internet just use wifi usually. Will gps not work if not connected to the web ? I thought it worked from the network so you could thus use google maps ?

4. Wahwah

Wahwah Well-Known Member

The map comes as data, so no data: No maps.

Should still work on wifi though.

5. ldn-j

ldn-j Member

Now I see, thanks - explains why it works as wifi or shows just a dot for the position

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews