• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Market - How to prevent duplicate charges for reinstalling apps?

jcthorne

Jun 4, 2010
Houston
I have purchased several apps through the Google market. Updating to Froyo required a system reset for me so the apps had to be reinstalled from the market. My google checkout and login ID are the same but Google charged me again for the apps and they showed up on my CC. Tried to resolve through google but gave up in frustration trying to find some way to dispute or rectify the situation.

I disputed the charge through my CC but I have a feeling that is going to cause more trouble.

Surely there is some way this is SUPPOSED to work and a planned way to rectify easily when it does not.

Suggestions?

If you reset you phone when you go to the market app and view your downloads all purchased apps show up there and you can download them at no additional charge.

Did you download them that day or purchase them again on the market?

It was not the same day I bought them, over a month had gone by. The previously purchased apps have not to this day shown up in my download list. I reinstalled them from the app list, not the download list as they were not there.

Is there an easy way to resolve this with google so they quit duplicating charges to my credit card? I mean other than giving up on the apps I paid for. One of them is SlingPlayer which is $30. The others range in price from 2 to 5.

There is something not working in the Google Market if that was what was supposed to happen (IE show up in my download list for reinstall).

Do I just let the CC company and Google duke it out now? I can find no place in the market or online to ask Google to rectify this other than uninstalling the apps and asking for a refund which is not what I want. I paid for the apps, I want them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones